Mung Bean Kitchari
This is an amazing comfort food that can be eaten for any meal
If you make this recipe, be sure to let us know by posting a photo on your social media and tag us! (FB: windsoul.studio or IG: windsoulstudio)
- 1 Cup Mung Beans (Moong Dahl), hulled and split, rinsed and soaked 2-8 hours. If you don’t have time to soak mung beans, red lentils can be used instead without soaking.
- ½ Cup Basmati Rice, rinsed
- 4½ Cup Water
- ½ – 1 Tsp Turmeric
- ½ Tsp Ajwain
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 Cup Sliced Carrots
- 2-3 Cups of Chopped Lacinato Kale
- Place Mung, rice, water, tumeric, ajwain, coriander, ginger and carrots into Instapot. Cook 9 minutes on high pressure.
- Release pressure, allow to rest 5 minutes, remove cover and add kale on top of kitchari mixture (do not stir), cover pot and let sit for 5 more minutes (or until kale is limp).
- Stir kale into mixture – salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with lemon juice and chopped cilantro (optional)