Creamy Carob Mousse
Thick and creamy pudding that's rich
If you make this recipe, be sure to let us know by posting a photo on your social media and tag us! (FB: windsoulwellnesscenter or IG: windsoulwellnesscenter)
Thick and creamy pudding that’s rich, wholesome, and chocolate-like. This pudding has been a go-to recipe for years because it never fails to impress in little parfait glasses and is dairy free, paleo (AIP), gluten free, and vegan. This recipe comes together in 5 minutes in the blender (no cooking required) with a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients• 2 ripe avocados
• 1/4 cup carob powder cocoa works too
• 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 pinch sea salt
• 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
• 1/4 cup shredded coconut toasted, for garnish
• berries or nuts for garnish
• Cut avocados in half and remove seeds. Use the peel as a handle to squeeze the
avocado into a blender, food processor, or bowl (if using an immersion blender).
• Add carob, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and oil and blend on high until extremely
creamy. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the sides. Once the pudding is
lump free and uniform in color, transfer to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
or up to 2 days. It will firm up a bit because of the coconut oil.
• To serve, pipe or spoon into parfait glasses and top with toasted coconut or nuts
and fresh berries. Best served cold.