Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Power Salad
An amazing powerhouse of a salad!
If you make this recipe, be sure to let us know by posting a photo on your social media and tag us! (FB: windsoulwellnesscenter or IG: windsoulwellnesscenter)
Power Salad Ingredients• 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa (or ½ cup uncooked)
• 1 cup matchstick carrots
• 4 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• ⅓ cup chopped dates
• ⅓ cup golden raisins
• ¼ cup chopped pistachios
• 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Honey-Lemon Dressing Ingredients• ½ teaspoon cumin powder
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup or brown sugar for vegans)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
InstructionsPOWER SALAD: Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Allow the quinoa to cool completely before tossing with the salad ingredients. Toss ingredients together.
• HONEY-LEMON DRESSING: Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small mason jar and give it a few good shakes until the dressing mixes through. Drizzle the dressing into the salad and toss the salad to combine everything. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later!
• Sometimes when you buy parsley, the bunch is HUGE. If that is the case for you, just use ¾ bunch. It’s really up to you how much parsley/herbs you want to use. Also, some of the parsley can be replaced with mint or cilantro if you’d like.
• When preparing the quinoa, add a teaspoon of oil and sauté the quinoa for about 1 minute before adding the water and cooking. This gives the quinoa a really great nutty/toasted flavor which goes really well with the flavors of this salad!